Friday, May 28, 2010

Remembering Sex and the City

Sex And The City II is already out and many of us already saw this colorful explosion of gorgeous outfits and vibrant characters. I though this is a good occasion to remember the tv series, how it all began, how the characters developed and the fashion trends evolved.


I've had a blast watching the series. They are smart, witty and a lot of fun, let alone the outfits, accessories and, more specifically, the shoes. You may have a favorite character among the dynamic foursome, but I think they are truly amazing when together. What I've always liked about the characters is that these are women who don't take themselves too seriously and really enjoy life. Let me share with you some of my favorite quotes from the show that I think really capture the essence of these gals. 

Carrie


~ "Later that day I got to think about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous."

~ "Some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies."

~ "As we speed along this endless road to the destination called who we hope to be, I can't help but wonder, 'Are we there yet?"

~ "If you are single, there is always one thing you should take with you on a Saturday night ... your friends."

~ "I like my money right where I can see it - hanging in my closet."

~ "So many roads. So many detours. So many choices. So many mistakes."

~ "When real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep walking."

~ "I'm not home, but my shoes are. Leave them a message."



Miranda


~  "Maybe it's maturity or the wisdom that comes with age, but the witch in Hensel and Gretel - she's very misunderstood. I mean, the woman builds her dream house and these brats come along and start eating it."

~ "I wouldn't be going to this charade if you paid me... it's like there's a pink suede elephant in the middle of the room, and nobody's allowed to talk about it."

~ "If you think I'm overreacting here, you should be inside my head."

~ "So all I have to do to meet the right man, is give birth to him."

~ "Do any of you have a completely unremarkable friend or maybe a houseplant I could go to dinner with on Saturday night?"

~ Miranda: Baptism is a very odd tradition. It's all about cleansing this little baby of its sins, when clearly babies come into the world with a clean slate and we're the ones who fuck'em up.
  Carrie: So, you're a pessimist, right?
  Miranda: Have we met?



Charlotte

~ "I'm sweet, romantic and traditional. I'm a bit prissy and naive, and I won't settle for less than a picture perfect life."

~ "I've been dating since I'm fifteen. I'm exhausted! Where the hell is he?!?!"

~ Samantha: "What are you wearing? The invitation said 'kinky'.
   Charlotte: "I kinked my hair."

~ That's the thing though. I did find love. I believed that there was someone out there for me. And I met him, finally. And we had a beautiful wedding. And then everything just fell apart. And I'm worried... I, I'm afraid that he took away my ability to believe. And I hate him for that. Because I always believed before. And now I just feel ... lost. And I am, I'm trying to put myself out there, but ... I feel hopeless."

~ Charlotte: "So, are we going to stick around and catch the bouquet?"
   Miranda: "That is so not going to happen."



Samantha

~ "Why does everyone have to get married and have kids ... it's so cliche."

~ "I need a drink. Would it be bad to have a martini with my muscle relaxant, or bad in a good way?"

~ "Practically all the relationships I know are based on a foundation of lies and mutually accepted delusion."

~ Samantha: "My feet are killing me."
   Carrie: "Oh, why don't you sit down?"
   Samantha: "This outfit only works if I'm standing."

~ "Well, I'm done with great love. I'm back to great lovers."

~ "Hi, my name is Fabulous!"


I hope you enjoyed!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...