Friday, January 28, 2011

Living Bliss: Ink Drops

I hope everyone is doing well and ready to surrender to wonderful weekend.
If you haven't checked out Rue Magazine, but you like interior design and decoration, I strongly suggest you at least visit their website. Their new issue just came out and is full of wonderful new things.
I came across this living space (from an older edition) and just fell in love with it.
I like the contrast that these rich dark navy 'inkblots' create in a light living room area. The heavy dark curtains, dark navy pillows and furniture pieces create a color-block effect, while the more subdued purple tones in the wallpaper, accent pillows, light fixtures and accessories tie it all together and soften the feel of the room. I have to say, I am not usually one to admire wallpapers, but this one if beautiful and just works for the room. 
My favorite pieces in the whole area are the round metal table with the purple hyacinths and books, the luxurious velvet armchair and the Audrey Hepburn Picture.



Image Source: Rue Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...